- The operator of the website is the Pontifical University of John Paul II in Krakow.
- The website collects information on its users and their behaviour in the following way:
- by voluntary input of information in forms;
- by storing cookie files on the user's device;
- by keeping web server logs.
Information in forms
- The website collects information which is voluntarily input by the user.
- In addition, the website may store connection parameters information (timestamp, IP address).
- Data in the form is not made available to third parties otherwise than by the user's consent.
- Data entered in the form may constitute a set of potential customers, registered by the website operator in a register kept by the Chief Inspector for Personal Data Protection (GIODO).
- Data entered in the form is processed for purposes evident from the function of a specific form, e.g. in order to process a service claim or business contact.
- Data entered in forms may be communicated to entities providing certain technical services – this concerns, in particular, transferring data of the owner of the registered domain to Internet domain operators (primarily the Naukowa i Akademicka Sieć Komputerowa j.b.r (NASK) – Research and Academic Computer Network), payment service providers (PSPs) or other entities with which the website operator may cooperate.
- The website uses cookie files.
- Cookie files are computer data, especially in the form of text files, which are stored on the user's device and are designed to enable the use of the website's pages. Cookies usually contain the name of the Internet page of origin, storage time on the user's device and a unique reference number.
- The website operator is the entity which places cookie files and accesses them on the website user's device.
- Cookie files are used to:
- generate statistics which enable the operator to understand the user's online behaviour and, consequently, to enhance the structure and content of web pages;
- maintain the website user's session (after logging in), thanks to which the user does not have to enter his/her user ID and password on every subpage of the website;
- determine the user's profile to display personalised content in advertising networks, in particular Google.
- The website uses two basic types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are temporary files stored on the user's device until the user has logged out, left the web page or terminated the application (Internet browser). Persistent cookies are stored on the user's device for the time specified in cookie file parameters or until they are deleted by the user.
- Internet browsing software (Internet browsers) by default allows cookies to be stored on the user's device. Website users may change such settings. The Internet browser may allow the user to delete cookies. The cookies may also be automatically disabled. For more information, refer to your Internet browser's Help menu or documentation.
- Restricting the use of cookie files may affect certain functionalities available on the website's pages.
- Cookies may be stored on the website user's device and used also by various advertising services or other partners cooperating with the website's operator.
- Cookie files may be used by advertising networks, in particular by Google, to display customised advertising content, i.e. content which has been adjusted to the user's browsing behaviour. To this end, they may store the user's navigation path or time spent on a particular page.
- As for the information on user's browsing preferences collected by the Google advertising network, the user may view and edit data stored in cookie files by means of the following tool: https://www.google.com/ads/preferences/.
- Information on certain behaviour of users are logged in the server layer. Such data is used only for the purpose of website administration and to provide the most efficient hosting services.
- The browsing content is identified by URLs. The following information may also be logged:
- request received time,
- response sent time,
- client terminal name – identification performed by HTTP,
- information on errors which occurred in the HTTP transaction,
- the URL of the page previously visited by the user (referer link) – if the website was entered through a link,
- the user's browser information,
- IP address information.
- The above data is not associated with any specific persons browsing the pages.
- They are collected solely for administrative purposes.
- The data may be made available to external entities only within limits permitted by law.
- Personally identifiable information is made available only if the person in question expresses consent.
- The operator may be obliged to disclose information collected by the website to competent authorities on the basis of legally permitted requests, to the extent required in such request.
Cookie management – how to accept and decline cookies?
- If the user does not wish to accept cookies, he or she may change the browser settings. Please note that disabling cookies which are necessary for the authentication, security or preference storage purposes may hinder – and in some cases even prevent – the use of the web pages.
- To manage cookie settings, please select the Internet browser / system from the list below and follow the instructions:
- Internet Explorer
- Safari (iOS)
- Windows Phone